Over the past 13 years, we've talked with lots of folks who are planning to buy or sell their home. And, we're always impressed when people ask really great questions.
When you're planning to hire an agent, here are some of the best questions we've heard which you may want to ask.
1. Are you a full-time or part-time agent? How many clients have you helped buy a home this year? How many have you helped sell a home?
2. How many homes have you sold in my town? How familiar are you with my town?
3. Do you work as a team or as a solo agent? If a team, how is it structured? Do you use a transaction coordinator? If solo, who helps when you aren't available?
4. How long have you worked as an agent? How much of that period was full-time?
5. Are you a Realtor or a real estate agent?
6. Do you use a professional stager? Or, do you or someone on your team provide staging?
7. Do you use a professional photographer who is not on your team? Inside and outside?
8. How will you market my listing?
9. Have you ever had an ethics violation filed against you? Can I talk to the last five people you've worked with?
10. What happens if I'm not happy with my service before my contract is up?
If you're thinking about buying or selling, we'd love to help.